Puppy Life Skills Classes
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a 6 week Practical Course starting Thursday 19:30pm-20:30pm. Please Note the classes will be on the following dates as we will miss a week before the last session:
The course is designed to teach you the essential life skills that can be transferable to your dogs daily life and prevent future behavioural problems. Positive reward based training is used throughout the course including treats, praise and toys to reward your puppies and make this an enjoyable experience. We also prepare you to be able to understand your dog’s behaviour, to give them choice and work at their pace and how to deal with things when they don’t go according to plan.
Covid-19 Restrictions and Guidelines It is important we follow the government guidance for the safety of everybody. Therefore please ensure you are fully comfortable with the information provided below before booking onto our sessions:
- Classes will be limited. Currently ONE person can bring their puppy to class (This may change but we will adhere to let you know if this does)
- Social distancing MUST be kept a high priority and you will be sent guidelines of what you will need to adhere to on arrival, during the class, and when leaving.
- You will need to bring along your own equipment such as your dogs bed, treats, toys, water bowl, grooming brushes etc. (We will advice you on confirmation of booking what to bring on each week)
- Owners can only interact with their OWN dogs. All training will be done at a distance. This is still hugely beneficial for your puppies as they are being exposed to new people and dogs at a distance; but also learning to ignore dogs and people which is a key social skill for them to learn that they cannot run up to every dog and person they see!:)
- If you have any symptoms of covid-19 and are having to self isolate (or any person in your household) you need to make us aware of this as you will not be able to attend the class.
- You must read and sign any documents we send you prior to the class commencing to ensure you are fully happy with what we have put in place
Your puppy must be under the age of 6 months to begin our classes. Your puppy needs to be fully vaccinated and i will require you to bring this on your first session. I will provide you will some information to have a read through before week 1 and you will have 6 weeks practical instead which is even better! I will explain the theory during the practical sessions also where necessary.
What we will cover:
Teaching your dog to settle and relax
Teaching a sit, down,
Teaching your dog to enjoy being handled
Confidence building exercises (Where possible due to limited equipment)
Loose Lead walking
**We offer options to upgrade to having access to our online course and combined one to one sessions. If you wish to upgrade to our Bronze, Silver, or Gold Package you can do so any time during your course up until the last session. After this you will not be able to**
- Puppy Classes£85£850£0